Boulder City’s beloved Wurstfest will be here in just over three weeks – it’s on Saturday, September 24th from 11:00am – 11:00pm in Bicentennial Park!
Sponsored by the Boulder City Sunrise Rotary Club and Findlay Toyota, it’s a day filled with Brats and Hot Dogs, Sodas, Ice Cold Beer, a huge Silent Auction tent, a ridiculously fun Live Auction and entertainment from both The Ryan Whyte Band and Finnegan’s Wake.
The folks over at Sunrise Rotary are MASTERS at the art of collecting donation items…just check out what’s on the list for this year:
- 1993 Mustang Convertible
- Cabo San Lucas 3-Bedroom Villa
- Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride for Two
- One Week at the Grand Mayan in Cancun, Mexico
- New Maytag Front Load Washer
- $1,000 of Dental Work
- VIP Party Package at Pole Position Raceway in Las Vegas
- VIP Outdoor Wedding Package at Valley of Fire
- Two Cases of Elk Steak Medallions
- Taurus Stainless Steel Piston
- Elvis Impersonator for a Private party
- Adventure Raft Tour in Maui
- Kayak Canoe Trip for Two
- Four Tickets to Smith’s 350 NASCAR Race
- Rams at Arizona Cardinals Football Tickets
- Two Hour Bowling Party at Boulder Bowl
- Two Nights Stay at Mt. Charleston Lodge
- Two Sky Diving Tickets
- …and you know they’ll have gathered more between now and the auction!
As for the schedule, there will be a Kids Carnival, Car Show and Food ALL DAY LONG. Finnegan’s Wake (The Irish Band) will entertain the crowd from 12:00 Noon – 3:00pm. The Silent Auction will be open from 1:00pm – 3:00pm and the Live Auction will run from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. The Rave (a local band) will play from 6:30pm – 8:00pm, followed immediately by The Ryan Whyte Maloney Band (country western) from 8:00pm – 10:15pm.
Wurstfest (aka The Bratwurst Festival) is the Boulder City Sunrise Rotary’s most popular fundraising project for the whole family. Proceed are used for community events such as the Boulder City High School Alcohol and Drug Free All-Night Graduation Party and Rotary’s ongoing efforts to fight polio worldwide.
Click here to see their event flyer and if you would like to support these service projects by donating items to either the Silent or Live Auctions, please call (702) 373-3735. See you there!
And you will see me there volunteering in the beer booth from 4:00pm – 6:00pm — so stop by and say hi!!!